Visit Food Shelf
Visiting the Food Shelf
• ALL CLIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK THAT COVERS THEIR MOUTH AND NOSE. The only exception to this policy is for people presenting an appropriate written note with a medical exemption.
• The Plattsburgh Interfaith Food Shelf provides food to all residents of Clinton County in need of emergency food. There are no financial restrictions or requirements.
• The Food Shelf is designated as a resource for emergency food, and is not able serve as a primary source of food. Although there may be special circumstances, in general, this emergency food should not be requested any more frequently than a maximum of once per month.
• Information needed is the names of all persons in the household, address and telephone number.
• Clients may be asked to show photo identification at each visit.
• The Food Shelf cannot deliver food. Food may be picked up by another person for another household with a written note of permission; the person picking up the distribution should have all appropriate information (including address, phone number and names and ages of all persons in household).
• Clients are offered a set number of items within different food groups; distributions and selections are based on the number of people in a household. All selections may not be available. Additional items will be offered as available.
• Abuse of the services of the Food Shelf may result in loss of privileges of the Food Shelf for a defined period of time. Abuses include, but are not limited to the following:
- Refusal to wear a mask or follow directives for appropriate social distancing.
- Providing incorrect information about household members, address or other requested information
- Inappropriate behavior or language towards volunteers or other clients or people.
• Clients in need of more assistance for food should contact other community resources for assistance including agencies that can assist with obtaining SNAP, WIC, or other benefits for sustaining food resources. Additional resources include JCEO (518-561-6310), Social Services (518-565-3300), Meals on Wheels (518-565-4720); Veterans Feeding Veterans (518-565- 4720) or local Community Meals (St. Peter’s 518-563-1692; Salvation Army (518-561-2951). Trinity Episcopal (518-561-2244), St. Augustine’s (518- 643-2435). • For any questions or additional information, please contact the Plattsburgh Interfaith Food Shelf (518) 562-3663